Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Story

 I hope I have worn our my welcome by now, I think  it's time that I tell the story of my conversion to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

One of the greatest things about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the fact that every one who is born and raised in the church and those that are converted by missionaries receive a testimony of the Truth in one simple way. For every one it is the same. God truly is no respecter of persons. I had to find that truth the same way as anyone else. That way is given in Moroni 10:3-5.

I was born in the church to very awesome parents who taught me about the gospel. I grew up going to church and doing the things I was supposed to do except reading my scriptures and praying. The two most monumental things to do as a follower of Jesus Christ. So I grew up, doing my best to make my parents proud and to get through high school. Then came a monumental turning point, going to college.

When I went to college, and no longer under the guide of parental wings, I decided to stop going to church. With no church helping to keep me on the straight and narrow path, I began to waver in my testimony. I struggled with school, with relationships, and with self confidence. Everything I believed to be true was now questionable. Everything about the church was taken with a grain of salt. This continued till my last month at BYU. (yes all of this happened at a church university in Utah).

During that last Semester at BYU I was taking a class about the Book of Mormon and the class required me to read for 30 minutes everyday. So I did. At first I was just reading for the grade, but as I continued to read something peaked an interest about what is the truth. I decided that Iwanted to find out for my self, if the Book of Mormon was true, because if the Book of Mormon is true then the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is truly Gods church here on the earth.

It was during this time that I was going to church more regularly and reading my scriptures daily but I was still missing an important link to know the truth. That link is prayer.

One night I was alone in my room reading the Book of Mormon when I realized that I needed to know if what I was doing was right. I knelt down and I prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true. The answer I received came by a quiet, peaceful feeling in my heart, confirming to me that what I was doing was right and that  Jesus is the Christ and that through Him all my burdens could be lifted. From that moment, my life has taken on a new light. I am happier, feel at peace, and am confident in my Heavenly Father.

I know that you can get the same answer because that is what our Heavenly Father has promised. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment