Friday, October 28, 2011

Operation: Testimony

This week has probably been one of the best weeks of my mission so far. What is so great to me about this statement is, it wasn't because we taught thirty lessons or found a huge family to teach, or even had a baptism. It was because I realized my conversion of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!!! I finally realized how far I have come. When I started my mission I could tell you I believed the gospel to be true. I could tell you I believed the Book of Mormon to be true. I could tell you why I thought The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints was true. However, this week, while on exchanges, I looked back and saw how far I have come. I can now say That I KNOW that Jesus is the Christ, and that I Love Him! I Know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God and is the truest work about Christ on the earth! I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true Church here on the earth. Out of all the other religions in the world I have learned that being a member of the Church is the best way to progress in this life. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I will see my loved ones again after this life! I know that my family and I have been sealed together with a seal that is unbreakable from now until the eternities. I know that I love my Father in Heaven! I don't know why it has taken me nearly 18 months to figure that out, but I now know without a shadow of a doubt the Church is true! I invite all to come unto Christ and to open your minds and hearts to the spirit and look into the Church to see if it is true! This applies whether you are a member or not! I can promise you, you will gain a testimony if you: read the Book of Mormon, pray and ask if God is there, if he loves me, and if the Book of Mormon is true, and then go to church! If you do those three things with an open heart and mind you will receive a spiritual witness again that it is true. I testify of these things and that you will forever remember that testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Click on "testimony" to hear another testimony of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast! I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I now live by faith, lean on His
    presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear! I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up stored up, and paid up of the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till I know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear.
    Henry b. Eyring

    ReplyDelete